top of page

Over-Qualified?

Updated: Feb 9, 2023



As a manager and even sitting on the other side of the desk as an applicant, I've used and heard the infamous phrase, "I think that you may be over-qualified for this position."


Last Sunday morning, Pastor Kidder spoke to us --- he preached to us --- about the Extravagancy of God, and how God doesn't do things just in a halfway or just enough manner. He does it all the way!

  • We may only see three (3%) percent of the stars in our galaxy in the night sky, but there are the stars of the other ninety-seven (97%) percent that we do not see, and the stars of the estimated 125 billion other galaxies He created.

  • In the book Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, renowned surgeon Dr. Paul Brand and best-selling writer Philip Yancey explore the human body. Mysterious, intricate, pulsing with energy... the human body is an endlessly fascinating storehouse of secrets. The miracle of the skin, the strength, and structure of the bones, the dynamic balance of the muscles... your physical being knit according to a pattern of incredible purpose. (I recommend you read this book... It is great!)

These are just two (2) examples. There are countless, and I repeat numerous, things around us that a marvelous Creator has done --- beyond all the way! It gives me a different perspective when I sing songs like "How Great is our God," How Great Thou Art," "How Marvelous, How Wonder," or even the song my kids used to sing "My God is so Big and So Mighty."


So, if God is so great, why do we examine God during our prayer sessions, and say, "I think you're over-qualified to handle this?" Exactly! Don't you see? He is so qualified that He can handle anything! Problems, situations, trials, hardships, etc. The question that we need to examine is, "Is your faith qualified to hand His answer?" It was Jesus that said, "According to your faith be it unto you." - Matthew 9:20


By Rev. Jeffery C. Huber, Sr. (07/17/2013)

8 views0 comments

Comments

Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page